Wednesday 18 June 2008

Kelly Rowland Denies Blowing �116,000 On Alcohol

Former Destiny's Child star Kelly Rowland has denied a British tabloid report that she blew £116,000 on alcohol while visiting the U.K. last month to promote her latest album.

The Mirror reported on May 12 that the singer, "ended a weekend of house hunting in Chelsea by blowing £116,000 on booze and food with friends Usher and Nelly at two London night clubs." 

Rowland, who's currently on promotional duties in Australia, dismissed the rumors telling a local radio station that the story is a lie.

"Do you know what my mom would do to my behind if I were to do something like that?" Rowland asked.  "It's so funny because as soon as I heard that I was like 'This is complete rubbish.'"

She adds that "never in a million years" would she spend that amount of money on a night out.

"I don't care how much money I have, I would never do that."

NEXT: Alanis Morisette Finally Explains My Humps (Video)

Photo courtesy of Sony BMG.